An Unexpected Need for Change.......................
Last night I came here to check in and discovered that instead of my normal blog music there was a podcast of a baseball game from June 2010 which was highlighting a game between the Angels and the Dodgers and reflecting on a previous game from 2008. It was the oddest podcast and after about an hour and a half of trying to figure out the problem, I discovered that one of the songs on my playlist had been overtaken by the podcast somehow on the actual server's site.

As I created a new playlist, I chose some new songs by David Nevue, a music artist that I love by the way, and realized that when my blog first opens it may sound totally different to your ears.

I wasn't expecting to make such a big change on my blog last night, but today as I was thinking about it, the thought struck me that many times in life the biggest changes are the ones that come the most unexpectedly.

I've heard it said before that the only thing in life that is certain (other than God, of course) is "CHANGE."

I just wanted to take a minute and explain the reason for new music, and I also wanted to ask for your prayers.

I will be traveling in about half an hour to my mom's (a little over 3 hours away), and in the morning mom and I will be driving about 3 1/2 more hours from there to Stateline Christian Church in Paris, IL, where I will be speaking twice at their women's retreat.

I am going to take a much - needed power nap before heading out, but I just wanted to touch base before leaving town and say that I will be thinking of all of you as I am away and praying that your weekends are filled with special moments.

Much love,




4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Praying that you have a fulfilling weekend. I don't get any music at all seems licensing restrictions won't allow it to play. I have been praying about the wrong place. Your list of engagements and your blog disagree about where you are this weekend. I only trust you went to the right place!!!! ha, ha:)

Blogger Jennifer said...

Praying that - even now - you are in the midst of a wonderful weekend...that encourages your heart as much as those who hear you speak! I know you will be a blessing - and how special that your mom is able to go with you:)

I miss my mom.....but I know she is takin' good care of my boy:)

Blogger natalie said...

Tammy,

I just had to laugh after reading your post. Sawyer, our 16 year old had been using my laptop. When he finished, I opened to read your blog and got the podcast. I blamed him for doing "something" to my computer. I'll be sure to tell him it wasn't him after all!

Enjoy your weekend, praying you will be a blessing to all who hear you speak.

love,

natalieqqq

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you to all my sweet friends, and Jen, you are right.......my blog listing said Clinton, IN, which is a nearby town I learned. The church was in Paris, Illinois!!! Guess that's why it's called Stateline Christian Church. :) How funny!!!

Jennifer, I love you and I will feel the same way when my mom isn't here. Nick will love her company so much in Heaven.......hugs from me to you.

Natalie, I am laughing too! Please tell your son I am sorry. :)

I just got home. I've been up since 3:30, so I need to unpack and head to bed!!

The church family blessed me so much today with their hugs and love!!! I met so many precious women. Thankful tonight for the family of God all across this amazing country and around the world.

Love to all of you,
tammy :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me