What Are You Missing?????

Yesterday as I entered the hallway at school, I began to hear students talking about Mr. Becker's birthday.."He's 40!" I heard one boy say.  "Today's Mr. Becker's birthday!" I heard another kid say.  They were all so excited!

I walked down the hall to the room next to mine and said to my neighbor Mrs. Knipp, 'I didn't know today was Mr. Becker's birthday!"  She laughed and said, "Didn't you see the sign when you were coming in?"  We talked for a few minutes about the fact that I was on the phone with my mom as I was pulling in and somehow my mind must have been somewhere else.....and then I told Mr. Becker "Happy Birthday!" and headed to my classroom.  I thought to myself, "I'm going to have to look for that sign as I'm leaving today."

Later in the day the secretary of the school sent this picture in an email.

random august photos 2010 0014 How in the world did I miss this?!?!?

All I can think is that a school bus was going by as I was driving in.......

I hope anyway!

As I was leaving school, my teacher neighbor was outside and said, "Did you see the sign?"

I told her I had gotten the email and couldn't believe it!  We both laughed.

She's a Christian too, so I knew she'd understand what I was saying as I walked over to take a picture.  I told her that sometimes God tries to speak that loudly and clearly, but we still miss it! 

I pray everyday that I will be still enough to hear from God.

Maybe His message yesterday was sent through a missed birthday announcement.........My prayer today is that God will still my heart, open my eyes, and "MOVE THAT BUS!" if He has to so I can hear what He wants me to hear!

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God;
       I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

I'm praying that today we can all "be still" enough to hear, see, and understand what God is trying to teach us.

I love you all!


Happy Friday!



1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Russell said...

That really made me laugh, Tammy. I have to agree with you that God gives us signs that are so big, but we aren't "still" enough to see them. Sometimes when we pray for help or guidance we don't spend time Listening for the answer which could be as soft as a whisper or as loud as a fog horn. I know I have missed a few. Thanks for your analogy!!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me