David's Prayer....

surrender

Psalm 63
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.

        O God, you are my God,
       earnestly I seek you;
       my soul thirsts for you,
       my body longs for you,
       in a dry and weary land
       where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
       and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life,
       my lips will glorify you.

I will praise you as long as I live,
       and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
       with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
       I think of you through the watches of the night.

Because you are my help,
       I sing in the shadow of your wings.

My soul clings to you;
       your right hand upholds me.

Lord, help me to seek You with the same intensity that David had...

even in the desert..

even in a dry and weary land.

Father, as I pray today for Faith and for so many others who are hurting, allow my soul to be "satisfied as with the richest of foods."

In Your Son's Name I Pray, Amen.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me