Argentine Miracle.......

son meets father for the first time

"Never again will I use this name," he said. "To have your identity is the most beautiful thing there is." 

These were the words of Francisco Madariaga when he heard the name that had been given to him by his kidnappers 32 years ago.

As I read this story of a father's 32-year search for his son, I couldn't help but think of God's constant search for us.

Oh, the joy He must feel when we finally choose to take His name as our name.

Are you a child of God's?  Do you find your identity in Christ?

I hope so.

The face of this father above speaks to me.  This is how I see God.  A Father who won't stop searching and hunting until He finds us....and when He does, oh the joy He feels when we choose to take His name as our own.

If you haven't read this story in the  news today, you should.  It is beautiful.

Luke 15:4-7

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Thankful for a Father who never stops seeking us,



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful story. Worth all the hard work to suceed with one reunion. I managed to Google and find a link to the story. Had not heard it over here. There is such joy and freedom in having our identity in Christ. I suppose it is hard for us who have it to fathom what it is like not to have it. Let us guard it with all our heart.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me