Thank you, Jennifer Rothschild

 

I was so shocked to see Jennifer Rothschild on the schedule as the speaker for Saturday evening's She Speaks service!!

WOW!!

she speaks erich and marias classroom 031

I just couldn't believe that God was allowing me to hear yet another of the amazing women who had helped me so much through Nick's fight with cancer!  Our Sunday school class did Jennifer's Bible study two summers ago (Walking by Faith.Not by Sight).  Jennifer lost her vision in her sophomore year of high school and has since become a national speaker and writer.  Her Bible study gave me such strength during Nick's illness and even in his death, reminding me that faith is really all about NOT KNOWING what's coming next..rather just knowing WHO's HOLDING WHAT COMES NEXT.

As soon as Jennifer's amazing message ended, I scurried out to buy one of her books and "get in line!"

I am so glad I did!

she speaks erich and marias classroom 034 I was able to tell Jennifer about Nick and how she had helped so much in his illness and death.  I reminded her about the lesson she teaches where she shares a story about fabric softener and how I had brought a box of fabric softener sheets to Sunday school that particular day to pass out to all the women to put in their Bibles.  I told her mine is still in my Bible and when I when I get just a little whiff of it, I think of her and Nick.

And it makes me smile!

she speaks erich and marias classroom 036I have so many She Speaks stories to share....

I have never been transformed so greatly in one weekend!  Thank you, Lord!



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing
I went through the workbook again that we used in Sunday School. It was an encouragement to me this past year while in Florida. I thougth of you often during my "restudy" of "Walking by Faith.." and your family was mentioned in my personal comments section.
I am so pleased you were able to meet her in person!!!!!
carol
if i use anonymous i can post.

Blogger Trish said...

Oh, this brings tears to my eyes. Reading her book last summer really helped me understand why Macy had to go through so much at such a young age. I can't wait to hear about your weekend! Love you!

Blogger Jennifer said...

So glad your weekend was such an answer to prayer....I will definitely have to be there next year! Glad you were able to meet someone so special to your heart - and faith!

Blogger Jess said...

Tammy,

Listening to Jennifer was incredible. I'd never heard of her before She Speaks - but...Wow. What an incredible way Jesus connected your heart with her heart before Saturday. Awesome.

(uh, little jealous of the pics. And, really, why didn't I bring my camera to She Speaks? AHHH!)

Love,
Jess

Blogger Susan said...

Oh how precious...

It amazes me how God continually reveals his love to you.

You are just so easy to love♥

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another blogger that I read went to She speaks. Her name is Heather and her blog is especiallyheather.com. She is also telling about her experience there. I'm glad you had a great time. You know you really needed it.
Have a great weekend,
Donna Columbus,Ohio

Anonymous Jody Ellett said...

I just did her Firgerprints of God study...it was a great study as well! Thanks again for sharing your heart with us!!

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tammy, Sounds like a wonderful conference. I have read about it on Lisa TerKweurst's blog. I was wondering if you can tell me if there is anywhere I can purchase Jennifer's Bible Study on Walking by Faith. It sounds really like something we could use. I would have to buy it online because I don't think it will be available in Australia.

Look forward to hearing what you have to share when "real life" gives up for a little.
Jennifer

Blogger Unknown said...

If you go to www.lifeway.com you should be able to find the Walking by Faith Bible Study series. Let me know if you can't.

Loving you from America...and loving all of you in America.

Tammy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me