Another First..............

Well, it's 11:36 p.m. and I'm packing (trying to anyway) for our first family reunion without Nick.

Shew!

Sometimes that's about all I can muster.

Nick loved trips.

He always got so excited about getting his video games ready, his jammies picked out, his pillow.....oh, his favorite pillow...it's with him. I miss seeing it too. It was such a special part of him.

Well, tomorrow will be a 10-hour drive for a weekend with family from all over the United States. It's a once-every-three-years event, so it's always a fun weekend. I still want it to be fun.

I just have to keep praying for strength, for joy, for peace.......

I know that "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

So, I turn around to face the suit cases again. And I try to stay focused.

Focused on Him Who carries me through every first,


4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

praying for you as you attend this reunion without Nick...
I know that even though you know that he is now happy, painless, loving each moment forever and ever...
you are missing that special smile!!
{{Hugs and prayers}}

Blogger Beckypdj said...

For me, staying focused is the most important thing. Focusing on the here and now, focusing on what I do have, etc. I struggle sometimes with remembering Peyton AND staying focused on the present, but the Joy of the Lord is my strength.

It does get easier after the "firsts" even though knowing that seems painful.

I know you will be a light to your extended family this weekend.

Hugs to you and your family

Blogger Jennifer said...

Praying that God will use even this to speak to your heart and draw you closer to Him. I was at a family wedding this past weekend...such a happy time and yet so difficult, too! I'll be praying for you...

Hugs, Jennifer

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Tammy!!! Loving you too!!
Amy Johnson

Post a Comment

Home

About Me