Longing to see the whole picture
Todd and his friend Caleb have spent the last couple of nights putting together this puzzle.


Since Todd received a new camera for Christmas, he has been taking pictures of everything! Thankfully, he took a picture of the puzzle from time to time along the way! When I was looking through his photos and saw this one, it spoke to me in such a powerful way.

Especially when I saw the "accidental" heart right in the middle!! And the smaller "accidental" heart in the middle of the upper middle section!!

I couldn't help but think of I Corinthians 13 when it says that now we "see through a glass darkly" and then goes on to promise that one day we will fully know just as we are known.

Oh, for that day!

Oh, to see how each piece of our life fits together to make God's masterpiece.

Oh, to understand that sometimes it is in the missing pieces that God can form a perfect heart!

Tonight as I watch 2008 end and prepare for 2009.............

My first year without Nick and my seventeenth year without Adrienne.........

I am praying that God will keep my heart focused on His masterpiece not on my missing pieces.

I am praying that I will remember that until that day when my faith becomes sight, I will not be able to see the "whole picture."

But when I do............

Oh, what a glorious day that will be!

Praying for you too,


12 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Oh Tammy, how you see everything as a lesson is so inspiring to me! You have a gift and God is using you to reach others. You are such a blessing, and I am so proud to know you. I love you so very much...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, I know that you don't know me but your words are a constant encouragement to me. I just gave birth about 2 weeks ago to a baby boy. You have filled my heart with wisdom and joy...to look at something like a puzzle and to hear God speaking to you is a reminder to me to always look and listen to His voice-regardless if it's loud and clear or a soft and gentle reminder to see His greatness through the simplicity of a puzzle. You are an incredible mother and I only hope I can be a strong, loving, and wise as you are. Thanks for all of your posts! -Emily Ream (trying to survive this new baby thing)

Blogger Charlotte said...

Happy New Year Nischan Family......Hoping you find peace in the new year. You are definately a god send. Keep up the posts. I love reading them. You will reap great rewards!! <3

Blogger Susan said...

Happy New Year Tammy and family!

Oh, what day will when all see clearly.

This was great. Not sure if you read this post by Ann at Holy Experience.

I did just recently, I pray it blesses you like it did me.

Check it out:

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2008/05/eat-mystery.html

I'm learning daily to do this...

Blessings♥

PS Glad you're enjoying the book. I believe one day you'll write one like it.

You always say the most perfect things at the most perfect time!! Thank you Tammy for all you do that encourage me so very much!! Happy New Year!

Blogger Mimi said...

praying for your family to have a very blessed 2009!!!
You are such an encouragement to me...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for allowing all of us to take a peak into your heart. You have made a profound inpact on countless lives. Thank you ~ Shane

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi friend,

I pray you are having a peaceful day today...

Truly each day of our lives is one more puzzle piece that the Master is using to fit together a masterpiece, indeed. Sometimes we get a glance at the work in progress but only He really knows what the finished picture looks like!!

Thanks for a wonderful lesson. Love ya much, friend.

Blogger Rose said...

Tammy you are a blessing to each day I come here and read about your day. I looked at the picture and saw the heart, too, before I read your words. Amazing. I love the puzzle as a metaphor for our lives, it is a thought provoking analogy. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Blogger Luanne said...

My struggle is that I always want to see the "picture on the box"--and then I'll make the puzzle happen, and God wants me to put one piece of the puzzle in at a time. Faith and trusting...

Blogger Cheri' said...

Tammy, though you don't know me I come often to your blog and each time I marvel at what God is doing in your life. I know you are going through such a hard time, yet you continually allow the Lord to speak through your pain.

Know what I loved most in your post? Where you said, "I am praying that God will keep my heart focused on His masterpiece and not my missing pieces."

That's what I see in you. A heart that turns to the Lord to help you with every moment and every low or high place. You're an amazing woman of God and your life is touching many others! Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

You and your family are often in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks

Post a Comment

Home

About Me