Thankful
I can't believe I haven't posted an entry for an entire week. So much has happened in such a short amount of time. Nick's surgery to remove his fourth brain tumor and fifth cancerous mass went exceptionally well! Just 48 hours ago Nick was in ICU, and tonight we are in our living room doing our normal little routine! I am just amazed!

It is nights like these when I look around my living room, and I simply count my blessings. I am thankful for a snoring husband who is cuddled under a blanket with me....he has juggled so many different responsibilities for our family and yet never complains. I am thankful for my mom who drops everything in her life to be here for us every time Nick faces medical attention. She is such a blessing! I am thankful for Todd, our 14-year old son, who has grown up so much in the past few years. Living with a brother who is battling cancer hasn't always been easy for Todd, but he has blossomed in the high school choir and band, and I am so thankful. I am thankful for heat! It is well-below 20 degrees tonight outside and yet I feel warm here in our house. I pray for those who are cold tonight and pray that God will give me an opportunity to help them somehow. I am thankful for friends. As I check my email, I am reminded of so many wonderful friends who pray for our family and who are a phone call away if I need them. More than anything, I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who not only created us but also loves us more than we could ever imagine!

Life has not always been easy, but the Bible tells us that God's ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. I must cling to the truth that He has a perfect plan and that He promises to bring good from every situation. He also promises to never give me more than I can bear.

With all of these thoughts whirling around in my mind, I know that I will sleep peacefully.

If you are having a tough time in life right now, try counting your blessings and reminding yourself of some of God's promises that speak directly to your situation! If you need help finding verses to help you, please send me a note. I will search the Scripture until I find a word from God for you. I promise that He has at least one! I love you all! God bless you and thank you for praying for Nick!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me