Focus
A few days ago one of my students was showing me his target practice results from a recent practice.
In a few days, he will be competing at the state level against top competitors from schools statewide.

In order to win, he has to aim for the center and not be distracted by anything around him.
He has to be focused on one goal.
Hitting the bull's eye.

I asked him to email me the picture, because it spoke to me on so many different levels.

I'm reading a book right now that my son recommended entitled,
"The One Thing."



In this book, the author talks about being focused on your ultimate goal.

It's easy to become distracted by lots of little things on our to-do list, but if we have a destination in mind we have to learn to let go of things that get in the way of reaching that particular place in life.

Whether it's a career goal, a weight-loss goal, or some other type of dream or vision,
we have to learn to FOCUS if we are ever going to be successful.

As I read this book, I'm reminded of Paul's words in Phil. 3:14,

 "I press on toward the goal to win the prize

for which God has called me heavenward in Christ

Jesus."



I am reminded over and over again of just how important it is to never take my eyes off the bull's eye that matters most, eternity.

I am reminded that staying focused means not letting anything in this world distract me from Him who loves me most and who gave the most in order that I might have the most.

Today, focus on the one thing you want to accomplish most in life.

At the same time, keep your eye on the prize for which God has called you Heavenward!

We only have one life to live.

Let's live it for Him today.

Focus.  

Hit the bull's eye.

Win the prize.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me