What Human Grace Looks Like



John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
 
Full of grace, He came.
Covering our imperfection like a blanket of snow.
 
We need His grace even when we're unaware.
We need the covering,
because without it................
we're broken, frail, and often a mess.
 
We try to be full of grace on our own,
and this is what it looks like.

 
 
 
 
We get hurt,
hold grudges,
cast judgment,
set bars so high no one can reach them,
and yet celebrate His amazing grace in our own lives.
 
I have so much to learn.
I want His kind of grace inside of me flowing out to everyone I meet,
but I fail.
 
Often.
 
I try to put my grace together on my own,
and it shows.
 
Rough edges.
Open wounds.
 

 
 I know what I need every single time I try.
I need to be near Him.
I can't do this thing called "grace" on my own.
I look up.
I see His light.
I humble myself.
 

And I accept the fact that my grace is imperfect.
My human grace just isn't enough.
Maybe it's in the acceptance of all that I am not that I truly understand all that He is.
 

 
 
So, I wrap my imperfect grace around the light of His love,
and then something beautiful happens.
 
The whole world sees Him in every place I fall short;
 
Where my human grace is missing, His amazing grace shines through.

He is the light that brightens all my brokenness,
my cracks, my gaps, my nothingness.
 
I'm saved because of Him.
I could never save myself.
 
His grace is my gift.
And yours.
 

 
 
Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.


 
So today, if you feel inadequate, broken, unable to have a perfect kind of grace,
be thankful.
 
His grace is what you need.
Draw near to Him.
Look up to the Light.
Allow yourself to be wrapped around His love,
and I promise you this.
Where you are lacking, He will shine through.
 
 
 
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me