While We Wait for Jesus' Return.........

Men and women have talked about Jesus' return ever since the Bible was written,

but I feel as if conversations about His return have intensified in the past ten years....

and honestly,

I'm ready.

I'm ready for the sky to open and Jesus to come through on His white horse,

rescuing all of us from this evil world.

I'm ready for the line in the sand to be drawn

and for right to be right and

wrong to be wrong........

and for all who have rejected His name to fall on their knees and finally admit that

He is Lord.

I'm ready for justice to prevail

and

sin to be erased from our existence.

 

Not that I've perfected this life enough to feel worthy of Heaven.

No.

I mess up every day.

That's why I'm thankful today for verses that talk about Jesus being our high priest,

interceding for us,

making it possible for us

"to go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting Him." (Hebrews 10:22)

 

So, today, even though I'm eagerly waiting for His return,

I want to keep trying to do the right thing until I worship Him in person.

 

So, what does God want us to do until that day?

 

I think Hebrew 10 gives us four great things to do while we wait......

 

1.  Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.

2.  Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.

3.  Let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do

4. But encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near.

If you're ready for His return like I am,

consider focusing on the words of Hebrews 10:23-25.

Imagine a world where this was the focus of every man and woman.

 

If you're not ready for His return,

think about what you need to do to become ready.

 

Have you given your life to Jesus?

Literally laid it down and said,

"I'm yours, Lord, use me to help others learn about you."

Have you accepted Jesus as your Savior?

He says,

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..

no one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

Have you been baptized, symbolically washing away your sin and dying to your old self?

Read the book of Acts and see how the church began,

look at the steps these early Christians took to become part of the family of God.

 

If you ever have questions about your relationship with God,

read your Bible, seeking answers to your questions,

talk to someone, email me if you have no one near who can help you and I'll try to find someone near you who can (tammynischan@yahoo.com).

 

Do something.

 

Here's what I know.

 

Jesus will return someday.

We just don't know when.

 

As we celebrate His birth next week, let's not forget that He came with a very big purpose.

Salvation for mankind.

 

And I believe that His salvation is very near.........

 

Looking up with great expectation as I try to live for Him,



1 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

What powerful words, Tammy! Come quickly, Lord!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me