What Happens When the Brook Dries Up.........

(They changed the way blog music is played through Blogspot.

If you want music playing while on my blog, go to my "IPod" on the right just below my photo and click the arrow to play music.)

Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word."

 Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah:  "Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there."

 So he did what the Lord had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook. Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land.

Every time I read this story, I wonder what Elijah was thinking when he realized the brook was dry.

The brook - the source of water from which God had told him to drink was suddenly a trench of dirt.

He had gone east of Jordan just like God said and had followed this command, "Go, hide, drink from the brook, and eat what the ravens feed you there."

Then, after a passing of time, the brook held no water.

The source of God's provisions for Elijah ran dry.

Have you ever reached a dry place?

You were sure you were on the right road and then suddenly you questioned every past decision.

I have to believe that Elijah looked up at the sky as he watched dust blow around the pebbles lining the brook's once water-flowing basin and said,

"Really?????"

What I love most about this story is that God didn't flinch.

He didn't scramble.

He didn't go into panic mode.

He didn't apologize for the inconvenience or try to explain the change in plans.

He simply said, "Go and live in the village of Zarephath, near the city of Sidon.  I have instructed a widow to feed you there."

I'll share more about this story tomorrow, because it gets even better, but for today know this:

When you turn around and life doesn't make sense or your brook seems dry and empty, God already has the next plan in the works.

Trust Him today.

No matter what.


He has a plan for you, and maybe just maybe the dry place is actually where He needs you to be in order to do His next great work.

 

I love you all so much,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me