"I'm Just ......."

Yesterday at the literacy training I attended in Frankfort, I overheard one of the teachers talking to a literacy consultant as I was walking out of the room.

As she began to ask a question, she said, "I'm just an English teacher.."

The literacy consultant quickly interrupted her and said, "You're not 'just' an English teacher.  Your are an English teacher!"

As I walked on, I thought to myself, "How many times do we find ourselves in chapters in our lives where we are saying, "I'm just a mom, or I'm just a teacher, or I'm just a homemaker, or I'm just something else," as if there is more waiting for us "out there" somewhere to make us more than simply "just something."  I remember when I was subbing, I would often catch myself saying, "I'm just a sub," when honestly I realize the value of a good sub who will keep order in my class, teach a good lesson, and at the same time not scare my students half to death in the process.

I think the devil whispers, "You're 'just' this or that," in our ear frequently so that we will feel as if we have not yet arrived. 

Discontentment lingers when we feel as if we are "just" something.

A sense of being incomplete or inadequate can often loom over everything we do.

I lived a lot of years of my life feeling like I was "just a mom" while many of my friends moved ahead in their careers, but looking back, those were some of the most wonderful years of my life.

If I could say anything to women (and men) around the world, I would say this:

Whatever you find yourself doing today, wherever it might be, do it to the glory of God, FOR GOD, and you are more than "just" anything.

You are a Child of the King, Redeemed, Sealed, Cherished, Adored, Loved, Needed, Cared for, Protected, Sheltered, Saved, and most of all............

Filled with His Spirit.

I'm done with the "I'm just ______" days!

I have a Father in Heaven who  gave His Son for me.

I have a Father in Heaven who promises me that while I walk on this planet, He is preparing a mansion for me in Heaven.

I have a Father who has called me to share His love with others.

And that is enough for me to know to rise above any earthly expectations.

II Cor. 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come

Col. 3:1

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

I Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

John 17:15-18

I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

Eph. 1:14

Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Phil. 4:13

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me