Happy Valentine's Day and Grace........

When one of my friends is hurting, it is easy for me to become emotionally involved in their pain.


I listen with all of my heart, but part of me wants to "fix" their problems; and when I can't, it's extremely difficult for me.


Last night, I was sharing with Tim about a specific friend's problems, and I found myself saying some unkind things about another person who was involved in my friends' heartache....things that were judgmental and definitely not covered in grace or mercy.


Tim listened and then said, "Wow, I won't be reading any of your words on grace and mercy again and believing them."


I tried to defend myself; but deep inside I knew he was right.


I was a hypocrite.


The hurt placed on my friend was causing me to question someone else's motive and actions without hearing both sides of the story and without seeing the whole situation from God's perspective.


Part of me wanted to tell Tim to just quit reading my words; because truly, I want to be a person filled with grace and mercy.


But the big-girl part of me knew that I was not living what I believed.


So, I finally looked at Tim, after trying several different ways to justify my words, and said, "Well, I want to be full of grace and mercy, but I'm not there yet."


Thankfully, he replied, "Neither am I."


If we're honest with ourselves, I think we'll all admit that in this life we will struggle from time to time with the grace and mercy God longs for us to have for others.


I'm so glad, God doesn't struggle in this area or I would be doomed.


Read this promise about how much God loves each of us.


How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,


that we should be called children of God!


And that is what we are!


The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.


Dear friends, now we are children of God,


and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,


we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.


Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.


I John 3:1-3


hearts



God loves us so much that when we place our hope in Him, He purifies us!


Purifies!!


Makes clean!


Forgives!


Covers us with grace and mercy!


I am so thankful to be washed in His lavish love, and I am so thankful for a husband who holds me accountable for my inconsistencies!


I want to live the life I write.


I want to write the life I live.


Today is Valentine's Day, and my heart's desire is for each of you to know that God loves you with a "lavishing love!"


So much love that He calls you His child!


One day He will appear. and we will be like Him and see Him as He is!


Place your hope in this promise and be purified today just as He is pure.


What a Valentine's gift He offers if we will only accept!



1 Comments:

Blogger CynthiaJSwenson said...

I'm thinking that husband is quite a precious gift from God to you Tammy! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

Post a Comment

Home

About Me