"I am in Love with Hope..."

Last night while watching Mitch Albom's movie "Have a Little Faith," I was struck by his character's line towards the end of the movie when he said, "I am in love with hope."

As I thought about this line throughout the rest of my evening and again this morning while getting ready for school, I realized that, for me, being in love with hope means being in love with Jesus.

 

That is why we labor and strive,

because we have put our hope in the

living God,

who is the Savior of all people,

and especially of those who believe.

I Tim. 4:10

Today, as you begin this last week of November and first week of December of 2011, I challenge you to take a few minutes and ask yourself this question,


"Where is my hope?"

On an earthly level, I hope for lots of things. 

I hope for things as a mom, wife, and friend.

I hope for things professionally.

Life is filled with all kinds of hopes and dreams.

But, honestly, this earthly hope is a different kind of hope than the hope God calls me to.

When my HOPE becomes JESUS, I can let go of all my earthly hopes and simply trust Him with everything.

When He is my Hope, I lack nothing.

No matter what I face, He is with me.

No matter where I go, He goes too.

No matter how deep the valley, He walks beside me.

I AM IN LOVE WITH HOPE!!!

And here is why,


"Therefore, since we have been

justified through faith,

we have peace with God through our

Lord Jesus Christ,

through whom we have gained access

by faith into this grace in which we

now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the

glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our

sufferings, because we know that suffering

produces perseverance; 

perseverance, character; and

character, hope.

And hope does not

disappoint us,

because God has poured out his love

into our hearts by the Holy Spirit,

whom he has given us.

You see, at just the right time, when

we were still powerless,

Christ died for the ungodly. 

Very rarely will anyone die for a

righteous man,

though for a good man someone

might possibly dare to die. 

But God demonstrates his own love

for us in this:

While we were still sinners, Christ

died for us."

Romans 5:1-8

Praying that you will put your Hope in Him today,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE this Tammy! "Hope" is one of my favorite words! Praying for you today. <3 Laurie M.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your Heart today. Just think where we would be if we didn't have HOPE. Love in Jesus!! Hugs to you on this Monday morning, Sandy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it Tammy! I was also very moved by the movie last night! Love Mitch Albom! and you! can't wait to see you in conference again.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me