Expectations.........

expectations

Today is my annual observation by my principal.  She'll sit and watch me teach checking off a list of expectations:

Lesson plan matches Kentucky Standards

Combined Curriculum Document highlighted and dated

Begin lesson with "I Can" statements

"I Can" statements posted for students to read

Use of technology

Use of differentiation

Student participation

And the list goes on and on

As I prepared for today, I couldn't help but think of how different it is to be observed by God.

Many people see God as a harsh judge waiting for us to slip up and miss the mark.

But listen to what Jesus said when one of those who wanted to test him asked him a question about what He expected from us.

Matthew 22:35-40

One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:  "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

 Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Now my principal is far from a harsh judge, but I am sure I'll have areas of teaching that show "needs growth."  In this world, I will always fall  short of life's expectations.

But I find great freedom in my relationship with Jesus!

He asks me to love God with all my heart and soul and love my neighbor as myself.

I can do this! 

Praying you find freedom in His expectations today too!

Love,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me