Focused.......

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Copy of october 2010 112_resize

Copy of october 2010 110_resize

Several of my friends and I traveled to Ohio this weekend to spend some time together in Amish country.  It was nice to get away for a bit and be reminded of the simple life of these people.

I admire the Amish for so many different reasons.

Their focused lifestyle is apparent in everything they do and everything they own.  I even learned a lesson from their horses!

The first thing I noticed about every horse we encountered was the blinders they were wearing.

In the midst of all of the tourists and shoppers, these horses were able to stay focused on the road in front of them.

Copy of october 2010 076_resize
Even as they waited for their owners to return from shopping, they were able to stand still and patiently wait.......

Not even distracted by other horses around them.

Copy of october 2010 107_resize

I want to live a life that is THIS FOCUSED.

I want to fix my eyes on what is eternal and not be side-tracked by the temporary.  I want to remember that all of my troubles are "light and momentary" when viewed through the eyes of God, and that they will result in eternal glory.

I am praying the same prayer for you today.

Lord, Teach us to live so focused on You that we are able to remember that everything we "see" is temporary.  In Jesus' Name, Amen



2 Comments:

Anonymous Dana Franks said...

Love you so much Tammy!!! Dana

Blogger Unknown said...

Dana, I love you too! Send my love to your whole family!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me