Why does God want us to pray?
Have you ever thought about why God wants us to pray. He knows our every thought, He holds all things together in His hands, He has the power to create and the power to destroy, He knows what our tomorrows hold, and the list goes on and on. So, why would He even need for us as mere humans to come to Him in prayer.........I picture Donald Trump (not in anyway to say he is "God") asking the janitors in the Trump Towers to check in with him every day just so he knows how they're doing. I don't believe that scenario would happen, because Donald Trump probably has no relationship with his employees that would warrant his desire to hear from them. However, God has a deep relationship with us. Think of life on a much grander scale than any human example. Realize that the Creator of Heaven and Earth desires for us to pray. Why?

As I think about this I have to look at the question from a parent's perspective, because God is our Heavenly Father.

I have two sons in different colleges. They are great young men, but they aren't always the greatest communicators with me. They will call my husband from time to time to ask questions about class schedules, work, finances, etc., but very rarely do they call me "just to talk." I call them every few days or so just to check in, but I try very hard to give them their space. On the rare occasions when they have called just to say "hi" or to ask how things or going, I have been elated! Just knowing that they thought of me or our family in general on a normal college day means the world to me.

God is our Father. He loves us so much! So much in fact that He allowed His one and only Son to die for our sins. He doesn't ask for a lot in return.....He just asks for our love. So, prayer is one way we can demonstrate our love for Him. Imagine God on His throne watching you go about your day. Think of His smile as you stop the busyness of your life long enough to talk to Him! He wants you to cast all of your cares upon Him!

I Peter 3:12 says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer...."

I am so thankful that God didn't just create us and then step away. He longs for us to pray, so that He can join us in our daily walk in this world! I don't know about you, but I can't think of anyone else I'd rather talk to!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog, Tammy! =)
love you!

Blogger Bonita said...

Yes, God wants relationship doesn't he?

I think prayer also helps us to crystallize what's really in our hearts and minds. We may think we know, but when we actually speak the words we hear what is really going on inside of us.

Blogger Bonita said...

I couldn't post on your one called Another Lesson From God so I'll post here. I've now heard the same example twice in one week. On Sunday, my pastor's wife told about how she had gone into her daughter's room and it was trashed and she was tempted to start ranting and raving, but God stopped her and told her to stop focusing on what was wrong and tell her daughter the things she does right. Guess God wants me to really hear this message! Of course, I'd never rant and rave about my kids' rooms. No, not ever. Not me. No siree, that never happens at this household. But don't aske my kids about it, okay? That couldn't possibly be why I've heard the same message twice in a week.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me